If you’re ready to get help making a resume, your next step is finding the best service that fits your budget, career goals, and preferences. Free resume help services may not be as common as subscription services, but there are a few options you can choose from.
One of the most important things to look for in a good resume help service is the company’s focus. Does it provide you with complete resume writing help services, or does it simply help you format your current resume?
The best resume help services specialize in first-rate resume writing. These services should employ professional writers who have experience in helping clients achieve career success as evidenced by writing samples, which you should be able to view for free before paying for any services.
Career resume writers understand how the hiring process works. They know what a hiring manager looks for while sifting through dozens of resumes and can help you create a resume with all the right keywords and phrases.
As you look for the best resume help services, here are some tips for helping you find the right one.
Ask for recommendations.
If you know someone who recently received resume help and successfully landed a new job, why not ask for a recommendation? He or she can provide you with a thorough review of the company or writer so you can determine if it might work for you, too. You can also contact career centers or job recruiters to receive referrals for services.
Analyze multiple writing samples.
Before you settle on a resume writing help service or company, take a look at a few writing samples. This is the best way to examine the quality of work you can expect to receive. You may find it beneficial to view samples of resumes for jobs within your same career industry. In addition to the quality of the writing, it’s important to consider the template, layout, and overall aesthetic quality.
Check for certifications.
If you need help building a resume, you want to make sure that the writer or company providing this assistance is qualified to do so. Professional resume writers can earn certifications from various high-level organizations to back up their experience. When researching a resume writer or company, you may look for any of the following certifying agencies and subsequent certifications:
- The Career Directors International Professional Association – You may find writers that have earned the following certifications from this agency:
- Certified Advanced Resume Writer (CARW)
- Certified Expert Resume Writer (CERW)
- Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW)
- Certified Federal Resume Writer (CFRW)
- The Professional Association of Resume Writers & Career Coaches – This agency provides the Certified Professional Resume Writers (CPRW) certification
- The National Resume Writers’ Association – This resume help agency provides the Nationally Certified Resume Writers (NCRW) certification
By Admin –